Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima is a Portuguese village in the district of Viana do Castelo, in the North region and sub-region of Minho-Lima, with about 5125 inhabitants. It is characterized by its medieval architecture and the surrounding area, bathed by the River Lima. It is one of the oldest villages in Portugal. It was the Countess D. Teresa de Leão who, on the distant date of March 4, 1125, granted a charter to the town, referring to it as Terra de Ponte.